We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
This means that 1) we do not resale or share your contact information with third parties, except as described below; (2) once you opt out of our mailing list, you are permanently removed; and (3) as a visitor to this site, you have the following rights:
- To be informed regarding how the data is collected and used
- To have access to the data about you
- To ask us to change the data about you
- To ask us to delete the data about you
- To ask us to stop sending you newsletters
Please contact us at [email protected] with questions or instructions regarding these rights.
The remainder of this policy explains what personal information we collect from you and how we use it. We encourage you to read this statement and contact me if you have any questions regarding the statement or the information we collect.
Who We Are
Our Little Rookery is a blog (Site) run by Heidi Garcia, a U.S. citizen currently residing in Norway. The Site focuses on family travel and expat life, but may address other topics as well.
What Information We Collect
- Personal identification information that you voluntarily submit to our site. We may collect personal information such as your name and email address. For example, this information may be collected if you leave a comment on the site, subscribe to our newsletter, or submit a contact form. You can decline to provide this information, but doing so may limit your use of the site.
- Non-personal identification information. We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Site. For example, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Site. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Site, such as links clicked.
- Web browser cookies. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Why We Collect This Information
Information collected from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- To improve the website in order to better serve you;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- To send periodic emails regarding the site or other products or services.
We will never sell or trade your information, and if at any time you wish to unsubscribe from any email communication you can do so by using the link at the bottom of each email.
How We Store Collected Information
The Site uses third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Site. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. It is our belief, however, that each of these service providers has committed to handle your personal information in a way that complies with national and supranational privacy laws, including the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulations). As of the date of this policy, the Site uses the following third-party service providers:
- Mail Chimp. This service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters to people who subscribe to our newsletter.
- WordPress. This system stores email addresses, names and IP addresses that are collected when you leave a comment on our Site.
- Google Analytics. Non-personal information is collected and stored in Google Analytics.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies.
Third party sites and liability
This blog links to third party websites, which are not affiliated with Our Little Rookery and which have separate and independent privacy policies. Our Little Rookery is not responsible for and cannot be held liable for any content and activities of these linked sites. Additionally, we are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.
Policy Changes and Contact Information